Apr 22, 2009

A trip back in time

Today we visited the Maine State Museum in Augusta. Up until last summer I had never been there. The kids loved it when we went over the summer and asked to go back. While there I was reminded that I think I was born in the wrong time period. I love going back in time and seeing what life was like back "then."

The kids have a great time exploring and checking out all the nooks and crannies in the museum. Of course Payton doesn't really see the scope of what we are seeing but, it is neat to watch Aubrey learn and put things together.
Aubrey is usually our map reader on our excursions. She loves to read maps and follow them wherever we go. She had stiff competion today though as Payton wanted to help read the map. I love watching and listening to Aubrey as she teaches are sister.
The newest exhibit at the museum is called "At Home in Maine". It was really neat as they had different exhibits depicting what homes would have looked like in years past. This was the living room from 1960...they had a movie projector showing a movie on the screen rather than a tv. I especially loved the wallpaper. And the furniture was to die for.
I guess there are parts of history that I would have skipped over :)
I do love imagining what it was like to be living in another period though.




1 comment:

  1. The museum is one of our favorite places, and we drag all of our visitors there. That new exhibit sounds cool; we'll have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete