Mar 28, 2009

Being your mother


Being your Mother

means that I have had the opportunity

to experience loving someone more than I love myself.

I have learned what it's like to experience joy

and pain through someone else's life.

It has brought me pride and joy;

your accomplishments touch me and thrill me
like no one else's can.

It has brought me a few tears and heartaches at times,

but it has taught me hope and patience.

It has shown me the depth,strength, and power of love.

Being your mother hasn't always been easy,

and I'm sure I've said or done things

that have hurt or confused you.

But no one has ever made me as satisfied as you do

just by being happy.

No one has made me as proud as you do

just by living up to your responsibilities.

No one's smile has ever warmed my heart like yours does;

no one's laughter fills my heart with delight

as quickly as yours can.

No one's hugs feel as sweet,

and no one's dreams mean as much to me as yours do.

No other memories of bad times have miraculously

turned into important lessons or humorous stories;

the good times have become precious treasures

to relive again and again.

You are a part of me,

and no matter what happened in the past

or what the future holds,

you are someone I will always accept,forgive,

appreciate, adore,and love unconditionally.

Being your mother means that I've been given

one of life's greatest gifts: you.

~Barbara Cage~

No comments:

Post a Comment